AI (senior) Scientist
Philips has a long history of successfully introducing innovative products to the market (lamps, CD players, medical imaging equipment, patient monitors, etc). Today, Philips is connecting its products to the digital world, introducing new intelligent services and integrated solutions based on digital technologies and AI. Therefore, Philips Research and Philips product divisions rely more and more on data and machine learning techniques which are the core of new Philips intelligent solutions. We are looking for a candidate to join the Data Science department of Philips Research to work on Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology, including machine learning, semantic reasoning, and NLP, which will be used / integrated into Philips products and services. The candidate should have knowledge and experience in the broad area of artificial intelligence, including deep learning and semantic reasoning (e.g. DL for NLP or text generation, ontologies, etc.).
As a (senior) Scientist you will:
• Apply, adjust and advance the state-of-the art artificial intelligence techniques and use them in Philips products, services, software and solutions.
• Participate in research projects that address AI challenges and transfer the results to Philips businesses
• Align & network with opinion leaders within Philips Research and the Business Sectors (for the senior scientist)
• Scout for new technologies by visiting conferences, universities, vendors and monitor the literature and Internet sources.
• Explore, experiment and pilot in internal concept creation projects
An overview of your tasks:
• Carry out industrial research in the AI field, specifically on advanced machine learning with different types of data such as vital signs, text, images, health records, speech, marketing data, fusion of different sensor data etc. by enlarging relevant knowledge and bringing in new knowledge;
• Pro-actively make knowledge available for operational use within Philips Research and Philips, such as to contribute to successful transfers of research results to customers;
• Keep abreast of technical, application and market developments in the relevant technological and industrial areas, showing interest in the business aspects;
• Contribute to the definition of the departments research program;
• Contribute pro-actively to a creative and inspiring working environment.
• You perform independent research, provide consultancy, and participate/define projects in the area of AI (e.g. by applying and enhancing AI techniques to the health / user experience / marketing field). The results of your work are adopted by Philips businesses, and are translated into successful products/services. You contribute to the strategy of the Data Science research department.
• You create technologies that ensure proper AI functionality for Philips products and services. In addition you contribute to AI strategy within the Research program. You have a full understanding of the state-of-the-art and create original contributions. You address important challenges in applying advanced AI techniques and tooling for specific application within healthcare and consumer lifestyle.
• External exposure (for example by means of patenting and scientific publications) and external collaborations (for example with universities or in the context of European research projects) are highly encouraged.
Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 100 years of experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we\'re dedicated to bringing meaningful innovations that improve people\'s lives. We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and first-of-a-kind product development. For more insights you can visit: #removed#
The mission of the Data Science department is to lead Philips into the Digital era through world-class innovations based on data science. The focus of the department is on applying and advancing the automated methods used to extract new insights/knowledge from data. The department builds on several interconnected competences including machine learning, statistics, probability models, pattern recognition, computer vision, signal processing and data engineering. We use the advances in the aforementioned scientific disciplines, as well as new digital platforms to create innovation for Philips businesses by extracting insights from various sources like health records, vital signs, environmental sensors, mobile devices, Web, and social networking sites. Next to that, security and privacy are addressed and taken into account already in the design phase of Philips digital propositions. The department plays a crucial role in digital and data intensive research projects using these competences.
We are looking for:
Our ideal candidate has:
• A MSc or PhD (for senior scientist) in computer science or another relevant area providing good foundation in AI, computer science, mathematics, and data science (including statistics, artificial intelligence, probability theory, etc.)
• Affinity to the research way of working
• Proven capabilities and at least 4 years of experience (for senior scientist) in the domain of AI and hands-on experience with a particular sub-fields such as machine learning, semantic reasoning, deep learning, NLP, etc.
• Experience with tools such as R, Python, TensorFlow, etc;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong personal relationships at all levels, both internal and external to Philips Research; with customers, obtain their user needs and be able to transform those into practical solutions
• Team worker in multidisciplinary and international settings, able to adapt quickly
• Curious, proactive, fast learner able to quickly picking