Our international client with their European office in the Leiden area is looking for a self-motivated candidate to join their driven international team as Account Development Representative.
The Account Development Representative will be responsible for selling Supply Chain Visibility products and solutions, and supporting the Account Management Team by establishing Qualified Meetings. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of company products and services.
- Responsible for overall account management and growth of existing accounts assigned to inside-sales territory
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Effectively communicate and follow-up with customers to continue needs development
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Employ the resources of the business to retain, gain and grow revenue.
- Responsible for general market research of accounts to identify key players and generate interest
- Close sales and achieve quarterly / annual quotas
- Develop a solid understanding of customer needs and requirements and collaboratively share this information with Product Marketing Management.
- Responsible for obtaining market knowledge and research of past accounts that have not reordered
- Research and strategize the approach to targeted organizations, then developing value proposition communications aligned with correct services
- Contact qualified decision makers within target organizations to generate new leads, and book meetings for the account management team
- Establish Sales Qualified Meetings per targets each month
- These are meetings where the Key Account Manager will have the ability to take the qualified lead to the next step in the sales process; from qualifying to needs analysis and likely trial stage
- Qualify the prospects and take detailed notes, clearly communicating to the account management team the needs of the prospect.
- Cultivate relationships with potential customers and develop leads that turn into closed won sales
- Schedule weekly strategy and targeting sessions with Key Account Managers for optimal prospect targeting using available resources
- Follow up on inbound sales leads and conference leads
- Stay informed of market conditions, future prospects and competitive information
- Maintain complete and accurate records for all prospecting activity in Salesforce
- An estimated 5% of travel may be required
- Attendance at required trade shows
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- High energy level to maintain a high volume of outbound communications and focused follow up
- Team player
- Extremely strong phone skills and persuasive writing skills: ability to set appointments and support customers over the phone or via email
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding outbound calling goals
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar role
- Experience with logistics/transportation, Internet of Things, SaaS sales
- Experience in working with Consumer goods manufacturing, -distribution and/or cargo security strongly preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Officer, CRM and prospecting tools
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Strong communication, presentation, listening and time management skills
- The ability to work independently and under pressure
- Fluent English and Italian (additional languages would be preferred)