As part of our Financial Shared Service Center, the Accountant will play an integral role in our international operations and supporting our internal and external customers. This role is responsible for tasks related to the full accounting cycle for the APJ region, including monthly, quarterly and annual close procedures, supporting statutory filings, and local tax compliance.
- Lead the month-end accounting and reporting requirements for your portfolio of countries;
- Prepare the monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and expense review analysis for your entities;
- Ensure that local accounting practices comply with government regulations and global processes and controls;
- Support payroll administration and cash management in coordination with the Payroll, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable departments;
- Compile year-end working papers for auditors and provide support of audit review process;
- Support the Accounting and Finance teams in the United States for the quarterly and annual Company audits;
- Drive the statutory financial statement process for your portfolio of countries, including preparation of the financial statements and liaising with the Legal department and local audit teams;
- Prepare and submit Government and Regulatory Filings, including Tax and VAT.
- Minimum Bachelor's in Accounting or equivalent certification;
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience in an accounting or audit role;
- Experience with financial statement preparation and tax compliance;
- Familiarity with US GAAP and the Sarbanes Oxley Act;
- Strong Excel skills;
- Experience with ERP systems. Bonus points for previous experience with Oracle;
- Big Four Audit experience is a big advantage.
- You have a good command of English and can communicate effectively, respectfully, and tactfully. We would consider the fact that you can speak other European languages a big plus;
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive.
Finance, Accounting, APJ