Responsible for the approval, matching and correct recording of all external, internal and inter-company invoices.
Black Box is a world leading technology solutions provider specializing in complete high-performance KVM, professional A/V signal distribution and extension and switching solutions for mission-critical applications. Black Box is dedicated to delivering superior project engineering, technical support, and 24/7 customer service you can rely on for your most critical operations. Every day, our customers trust us to design, integrate, and maintain reliable control room solutions for broadcasting, post-production, stadiums & arenas, medical, air traffic control, oil & gas, government & military, and utility industries. Leave the tech to us and our comprehensive technology solutions will deliver secure connections, fast-response times, real-time collaboration and more.
• Minimum of 3 years of accounts payable experience, preferably within an international shared services environment. Additionally, you have at least 3 years’ experience with MS Dynamics or a similar ERP accounting system.
• Accounting degree, at least medium vocational level (MBO-4, MBA or PDB)
• Data entry performance experience;
• Fluency in English and in addition French, Spanish, German or Swedish, both orally and in writing
• Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately Ability to use enterprise accounting systems; MS Dynamics experience a plus
• Knowledge of general accounting procedures specifically those related to accounts payable;
• Processing daily accounts payable transactions and ensuring the follow-up of all outstanding items for area of responsibility;
• Keeping track of the transactions and monitoring accounts to ensure payments are up to date;
• Monitoring a portfolio of accounts for area of responsibility to regularly assess payables condition and prioritize work;
• Analyzing supplier aging reports to pay all invoices in a timely manner and works to build sustainable processes between Accounts Payable, the supplier and internal customers;
• Matching invoice, purchase order and receipt;
• Analyzing accounts and preparing reports;
• Responding to all vendor inquiries; resolving invoice discrepancies; maintaining records and vendor files;
• Resolving customer inquiries in a professional manner;
• Working with suppliers and partners to identify missing elements in the invoice (approval) process;
• Reconciling vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
• Supporting the work of the team as directed by management;
• Assisting in the end user testing of accounting systems used by team and help diagnose/troubleshoot unexpected issues;
• Submitting monthly reports and assisting in month-end-closing;
• Contributing to the working environment by displaying a positive attitude and a high work ethic;
• Verifying invoice information to company and government requirements; for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
• Ensuring compliance with internal controls, procedures and policy and with a US GAAP regime.
• Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
• Audit and process credit card bills and expense reports
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
• May assist in the testing, deployment, and management of processes/projects supporting the accounts payable function;
• Assist with other projects as needed