The Administrative Assistant Buying's main responsibility is to provide clerical back up and administrative support to the Buying Team. They need to ensure correct implementation of the buying process and provide full vendor information to the Buying team:
- Ensure seamless application of the monthly buying procedure.
- Document costs and manage the retail database.
- Maintain accurate category files and vendor information.
- Assist with preparation work for range reviews and conference calls.
- Conduct ad hoc projects where required
- Build good working relationships with other areas of the business to achieve tasks accurate and in time, e.g. Marketing, Account Administration tasks
- Contact point for assigned category / department
Ensure implementation of Product samples:
- Document and mark all samples per Buyer
- Ensure final ordered samples chosen are tagged with date intro and description
- Liaise with suppliers regarding delivery and collection of samples
- Store/display working samples effectively (sample room management)
- Assist with development of product calendar by month (product photos/photo editing)
- Document samples movement e.g: Marketing, Vendors, Other Divisions
Provide full vendor information support for Buying Team
- Maintain relevant seasonal catalogues and price lists by supplier
- Assist Buyers in preparation for vendor meetings
- Liaise with department secretaries to ensure maintenance of purchase orders
- Liaise with other Buyer Assistants to develop best practice
- Educated at least to an HBO level
- 1-2 yeas of administrative or secretarial experience required
- Fluency in English, knowledge of another language is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work under pressure and with own initiative
- Enthusiastic, goal oriented team player
- Accurate (also with numbers)
- Other duties as assigned
€1800 - €2000 per month
administration, document samples, liaise with suppliers and vendors