The Buyer is responsible for the purchasing of materials, supplies, equipment and services to meet the needs of operations, sales and project management.
We are an independent provider of data communications and network infrastructure products, services and solutions
• Associate’s degree/ vocational level
• 3-5 years working experience, 1-3 years Purchasing/Inventory experience
• Knowledge of purchasing, warehouse, and logistics standards and best practices
• Familiarity with inventory tracking systems and other utilized computer applications
• Knowledge of relevant technologies and products
• Ability to negotiate and resolve problems
• Good analytical and decision making skills
• Fluency in English and in addition Dutch
• Receive and process purchase orders consisting of standard and non-standard requests; ensure order accuracy.
• Track open orders and maintain close interaction with project management and other team members regarding estimated time of arrival. Maintain necessary records to monitor and evaluate materials, parts, products and vendors.
• Respond to critical material requests to meet operational needs of the business. May analyze current inventory levels to determine product needs.
• Establish and maintain effective vendor relationships. Interact with vendors and field operations to resolve issues such as order quantity, quality, and on-time delivery.
• Research and locate vendors to purchase products at best value and price. May provide quotes to field personnel for specific materials and delivery methods requested.
• Source and price equipment requests. Proactively elicit new products and ideas from existing and potential vendors.
• Research and resolve invoice discrepancies, inventory reconciliation and credits.
• Ensure compliance with company expenditure policy and legal requirements related to purchasing.
• May maintain and update revenue forecasts based on orders entered, estimated ship dates and project dates.
• May review order configurations to ensure order is ready for delivery; based on requirements, schedule delivery with engineers, project managers, carriers or trucking companies.