Are you a professional with experience in configuration management control? Do you also have experience with documentation control?
We are looking for a Configuration Management Officer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- Acting as the focal Configuration and Documentation management expert within TIA-P to support the definition and maintenance of the project Configuration Management Processes and tools, to ensure the exchange of experience and to promote standardization;
- Contribute towards the project CADM plans and monitor CM performance (together with the Product Assurance Managers);
- Liaise with our Project Teams/Industrial Partners to set up Projects Configuration, Documentation and Management systems considering ESA requirements and Partners usual practices to support the establishment of configuration control methods, procedures and standards;
- Support on Configuration Control Boards (CCBs) by maintaining a well-structured record system for the disposition of RFWs, RFDs and configuration change requests/proposals Act as secretary to the CCB;
- Support TIA DDRO in fulfilling his/her duties for TIA-P Department;
- Keep Eclipse updated with new RfW/RfDs, for project-specific information and latest RfW/RfD status;
- Notify CCB members and the appropriate experts/specialists to evaluate RfW/RfDs;
- Communicate outcomes of CCB meetings to the parties involved;
- Support on Preparation of formal Configuration Management requirements, with the aim to be included in industrial contracts;
- Support the implementation and maintenance of adequate configuration control methods and procedures, consistent with applicable standards/requirements;
- Provide qualitative and normative support to TIA-P Projects;
- Conduct configuration audits and configuration inspections;
- Support project audits, and work in collaboration with TIA QMS Audit Administrator;
- Support users in retrieving documents from local DMS, DMS's from external partners and/or industry;
- Set-up and monitor operations and maintenance of the TIA-P DMS for management, storage and control of ESA Unclassified - with Limited Distribution (e.g.: ITAR/EAR Docs) and Classified Information;
- Training TIA staff and Contractors on Eclipse and other DMS Tools;
- Set up, coordinate and participate in Project Reviews to ensure the availability of the Data package and manage the RID/eRID System;
- Work in collaboration with TIA Information Security Officer (ISO) and TIA PSSO;
- Support TIA ISO organizing the Information Protection awareness education and awareness training for TIA-P staff and Contractors;
- Act as the Alternate COMSEC Item Custodian (ACIC);
- Support TIA ISO coordinate inputs related to TIA programme/project Security Classification Guides;
- Master's degree from a recognized institution of secondary studies or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of previous work experience as project coordination in Public-Private Partnerships projects (experience in Telecommunication business is an asset); and at least 2 years working in Configuration Management support and Documentation Control roles;
- Experience in supporting on Cyber-security and QMS audits;
- Experience in handling Sensitive Information;
- Holder of a Personnel Security Clearance;
- ISO/IEC 27001 Certificate is required;
- Proficient in MS Office packages with experience of high-level Project Administration;
- Knowledge of ESA administrative and document management tools is an advantage;
- Knowledge of Agency's internal IT tools is an advantage;
- IPX CM 01/02 Certificate is an advantage;
- Knowledge of ESA Configuration and Documentation Management standards (ECSS) is considered an advantage;
- Excellent planning, communication and organization skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule;
- Initiative and motivation to perform to high standards in a demanding environment;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the outside world (e.g. Industry);
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Application deadline: Wednesday, 18th of September
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.
Configuration Manager, Configuration Management Officer, Configuration Management Engineer,Configuration Control Board, Configuration, Change Control, Engineering, ISO 10303