With general direction and working within established guidelines and with predefined limits of approval, the Credit and Collections Specialist performs a wide variety of credit and collections functions and is responsible for related activities, such as collection of receivables, reconciliation of uncollectible invoicing transactions and investigation of credit and recommendation of credit limits.
Black Box is a world leading technology solutions provider specializing in complete high-performance KVM, professional A/V signal distribution and extension and switching solutions for mission-critical applications. Black Box is dedicated to delivering superior project engineering, technical support, and 24/7 customer service you can rely on for your most critical operations. Every day, our customers trust us to design, integrate, and maintain reliable control room solutions for broadcasting, post-production, stadiums & arenas, medical, air traffic control, oil & gas, government & military, and utility industries. Leave the tech to us and our comprehensive technology solutions will deliver secure connections, fast-response times, real-time collaboration and more.
• Good problem solving and negotiation skills
• Fluency in English and in addition spanish and/or Italian
• Must have strong work ethics, be well-organized, reliable and accurate
• Good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Minimum of 2 years of Credit and Collections experience or customer service
• Bachelor degree or equivalent preferred
• Perform all collection activities for assigned portfolio of accounts while striving to maintain a Day Sales Outstanding to meet or our objectives
• Follow-up of bad debts, establishing and negotiating customer payment plans with commercial and legal departments, assisting in case of legal proceedings around receivables (eg. in bankruptcy cases)
• Reconcile customer statements/billings
• Evaluate new credit applications, review and recommend customers credit lines.
• Develop working relationships with business units and the various groups within company to ensure accurate and relevant data is shared
• May be responsible for bankruptcy proceedings including: monitoring bankruptcy filing dates, proof of claim dates and post-petition exposure
• Assist with compliance with credit policies and procedures
• Assist with other projects as needed