Expanding access to quality higher education to make the world a better place
Throughout our worldwide network of higher education institutions, we share a mission to make quality higher education accessible and affordable so more students can pursue their dreams. It's a mission we believe will help make the world a better place.
Laureate's network institutions deliver professional-oriented programs in a wide range of disciplines that generate strong interest from students and provide attractive employment outcomes.
We believe in the power of education to transform lives and remain committed to making a positive, enduring impact in the communities we serve. When our students succeed, countries prosper and societies benefit.
Enrollment Advisors, educate, consult, advise, support, enroll and retain qualified potential students in achieving their professional and personal goals by enrolling them in one of our higher education programs. This role is critical to the business as it often forms the first impression potential candidates receive from Laureate Education. An Enrollment Advisor's performance is reviewed and monitored based on enrollment results, the quality of outbound and inbound calls, lead contact activity, completed applications, attitude, working relationships and communication. All Enrollment Advisors actively participate in training sessions and activities to increase student enrollments and team collaboration.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Achieve and exceed enrollment goals and other enrollment metrics;
- Contribute to the growth of the business and to new student enrollments by assessing potential applicants and determine if they are qualified to apply and enroll in various academic programs;
- Use a consultative sales approach to guide and support prospective students through the enrollment process;
- Keep accurate records and follow organizational policy to maximize business opportunities;
- Receive and follow-up on potential students via phone, email, and direct mail student inquiries relating to obtaining advanced degrees;
- Build rapport and provide guidance for students interested in obtaining a degree or certificate program based on prospective student desired goals or career interest;
- Provide a positive and superior student experience;
- Consistently seek opportunity to drive student growth by referrals;
- Maintain a high level knowledge of current products, processes, policies and industry;
- Demonstrate expertise in the various steps of the enrollment process;
- Understand and communicate the value propositions of our brands (and those of our competitors) in order to be able to provide an excellent student experience by offering the right program and start date;
- Ensure readiness and availability to make and receive correspondence and communication throughout the entire enrollment process;
- Create consistent and observable documentation in a regulated environment and throughout the student cycle;
- Demonstrate strong team relationships by working collaboratively with direct team and other departments;
- Counsel students to deal with their concerns;
- Actively participate in continuous training and special projects;
- Perform other duties as assigned or as required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to sell high value, consumer services or products
- Proficient in writing and speaking English
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Must possess confident telephone presence
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively in a team environment
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively by meeting quality standards
- Possess high level understanding of products and degree programs offered to students
- Must possess effective time management skills, sense of urgency and ability to plan and prioritize daily activities
- Must possess consultative skills and demonstrate ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess ability to receive constructive feedback and demonstrate accountability
- Must possess critical thinking, problem solving skills and good judgment
- Maintain confidential student data in line with the Laureate Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policies
- Your success as an Enrollment Advisor is of great importance to us: you will be offered extensive training and coaching. You will receive an attractive remuneration and rewarding bonus system.
Education and/or experience:
3-5 years of demonstrable sales experience or account management required
A degree is highly preferred