Our client, an international company located in the Amsterdam area, is currently looking for a German speaking financial Accountant. In this role, you will be performing daily accounting operations from reporting to reconciliations. Also, you are responsible for supporting and implementing an effective system of internal controls and to ensure compliance with the company's policies and procedures and any applicable laws and regulations, including generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensures all transactions are in compliance with US and local GAAP and are posted in a timely manner
- Ensures accounts are properly reconciled and properly documented on a timely basis
- Maintains documentation to support account balances in a manner that facilitates the efficient review and audit of books and records
- Ensures all financial transactions are properly recorded with sufficient documentation to support the business purpose of the transactions
- Supports month-end processes to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Provides support as necessary to facilitate forecasting and budget processes
- Responds to inquiries regarding accounting requests
- Supports the audit process and provides documents as necessary to facilitate the completion of audit requests
- Prepares financial reports to satisfy Division and Corporate reporting requirements
- Ensures financial information is reviewed to identify any issues that would impact the accuracy and reliability of financial information presented
- Ensures fixed assets are properly accounted for and depreciated in accordance with Corporate policy
- Manage the approval and accounting for the retirement and disposition of fixed assets
- Ensures accounting entries are posted in a timely manner to ensure account balances are properly stated
- Performs analysis and supports the accounting requirements for all payroll related balance sheet accounts
- Ensures VAT and intrastat transactions are properly accounted for and recorded
- Ensure proper rates are applied to all products
- Responsible for ensuring that Corporate policies concerning compliance and Health Care Professionals (HCPs) are adhered to
- Ensure accounting books and records comply with Corporate accounting policies, Sarbanes Oxley, US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and local equivalent laws
- Supports processes related to the identification and evaluation of the organization's risk areas and provides significant input to the development annual business plans
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Represents the function on organizational project teams, at management and board meetings, and with external organizations
- Performs related work as assigned by management
- A bachelor or master degree in Finance
- Fluent spoken and written English and German
- Familiar with USGAAP and Sarbanes Oxley Act (preferable)
- Familiar with Oracle and Hyperion (preferable)
- 3 - 5 year experience in a (GL) Accountant position in a multinational (preferably American) company or within an audit firm (big four).
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with ERP systems (preferably Oracle).
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work with peers and management to achieve objectives
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment and responsibility
- Accustomed to working under pressure and with deadlines
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Able to resolve problems and conflicts in a professional and tactful manner
- Team player with great communication skills.
Up to €1 per annum