Are you a professional with a degree in Physics or Space Engineering? Do you have experience in space instrumentation development, including system engineering?
We are looking for a Future Mission System Engineer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- Providing inputs to and support to the definition of the program of work for the development of the PRODEX experiments within the scientific institutes, in line with the instructions received from the PRODEX management. This task will include supporting the review of the experiment proposals, the preparation, the implementation, and the monitoring of the research agreements between the Institutes and the PRODEX Office.
- Assisting in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of industrial contracts.
- Providing inputs to the preparation of Tender Documents, participating in proposal evaluations, prepare inputs to subsequent contract negotiations, monitor the end-to-end development of the activities contracted to the industrial consortia.
- Supporting the monitoring of the technical, schedule, and financial status of the developments assigned to her/him, identifying potential problem areas, and recommend solutions.
- Liaising between scientific institutes and industry when contracts are running.
- Interfacing internally with the ESA project teams or specialists on technical/programmatic matters and with the ESA-ESTEC administration regarding the financial and contractual matters.
- Providing Management and Programmatic inputs to the PRODEX Office management as required.
- Preparing/providing inputs to reports as required.
- Assist with the administrative tasks of the PRODEX Office and with administrative tasks related to experiment and project implementation.
- Academic qualifications in physics or space engineering or related fields, with a demonstrated experience in space instrumentation development, including system engineering.
- Notions of project management are mandatory and knowledge of project control principles an asset.
- A demonstrated experience in interacting with scientific institutions and industry, coupled with experience in the implementation, design, definition, manufacturing and test of Space Scientific Instruments in one of the domains of the Programme.
- Ability to be system-oriented, with a general understanding of the project/problem to solve, and the ability to consult Agency specialists when deeper expertise is needed, and to integrate their inputs into a more global solution.
- The selected contractor must be willing to adapt to the individual and specific management style of each project and partners involved, in order to guarantee a successful development.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and cooperate with a wide range of staff internally and externally.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.
Mission Engineer, Space Engineer, Physics, System Engineer