Setting up and maintaining accounting records. Preparing and booking journal entries and account reconciliations that are accurate and compliant with company policies and applicable accounting principles.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? You are looking for a new challenge in an International environment? We are waiting for your application!!
PLEASE NOT THAT FOR THIS JOBS YOU NEED TO BE FLUENT IN ENGLISH AND OTHER EUROPEAN LANGUAGES: FRENCH, GERMAN, SWEDISH OR SPANISH
Black Box is a world leading technology solutions provider specializing in complete high-performance KVM, professional A/V signal distribution and extension and switching solutions for mission-critical applications. Black Box is dedicated to delivering superior project engineering, technical support, and 24/7 customer service you can rely on for your most critical operations. Every day, our customers trust us to design, integrate, and maintain reliable control room solutions for broadcasting, post-production, stadiums & arenas, medical, air traffic control, oil & gas, government & military, and utility industries. Leave the tech to us and our comprehensive technology solutions will deliver secure connections, fast-response times, real-time collaboration and more.
• Minimum of 3 years of general ledger accounting experience, preferably within an international shared services environment. Additionally, at least 3 years’ experience with MS Dynamics or a similar ERP accounting system.
• Professional level of knowledge of modern accounting practices
• Accounting degree, at least Bachelor level
• Fluency in English and in addition in either French, Spanish, Italian, German or Swedish, both orally and in writing
• Thorough knowledge of general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
• Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately – highly numeric
• Knowledge of general accounting principles, (US GAAP & local & tax), activities and processes
• Experience of Internal Controls (SOX)
• Responsible for the accounting of one or more designated operating companies.
• Ensuring accounting entries are posted in a timely manner so that account balances are properly stated
• Taking ownership of the balance sheet accounts and performing analytical reviews of those accounts. Preparing and documenting month-end Balance Sheet Specifications (reconciliation, G/L account breakdown, supporting documentation)
• Coordination and execution of the month end closing activities of the entities according to closing schedule and in line with both US GAAP and internal accounting guidelines and participating in month-end close in general by performing a variety of accounting tasks
• Conducting quarterly balance sheet and P & L Fluctuation Analysis and monthly expense variance analysis
• Preparing consolidation, inter-company transactions and reconciliations
• Local GAAP to US GAAP reconciliations
• Ensuring VAT and intrastat transactions are properly accounted for and recorded. Preparing monthly tax calculations & schedules. Responsible for local VAT and Intrastat filings according to legally required timelines
• Producing financial statements and other reports and reviews for accuracy. Preparing accurate and timely financial reports for assigned business unit(s) or department(s) to support company accounting, reporting and forecasting cycles
• Identifying country specific Legal & Statutory requirements (e.g. content, format, filing due dates, penalties) relating to tax and accounting and coordinating activities to comply with them
• Compiling Statutory Accounts and Income Tax Returns (e.g. coordination completion of Statutory Accounts, preparing Financial Statements, Notes to the Financial Statements and Management Report, filing Financial Statements and Tax Returns to local authorities)
• Informing management of progress and roadblocks; identifying actions required
• Participating in and providing support to cross-functional teams. Conducting analyses as needed to support project objectives. Participates in other projects and assignments as needed to support the goals of the department and the company
• Assisting in maintaining various accounting systems and processes in area of responsibility, creating and maintaining documentation on procedures while providing ongoing process improvement recommendations and development of automated systems
• Ensure compliance with Company accounting policies and the application of generally acceptable accounting principles
• Identifying internal risks and ensuring SOX compliance of the locations in the country/countries. Completing and maintaining process documentation
• Solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of situations where limited procedures currently exist
• Assisting with accounting matters within the department and with other departments
• Assisting with external and internal audits and participating in tax audits in EMEA
• Additional responsibilities as assigned