We are looking for an experienced HR Generalist to join the HR team of the Rotterdam office of an international software company.
The successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced and multicultural environment, has a passion for creating meaningful experiences and builds strong relationships with leaders and employees. You will need to be an organizer, a problem solver and a listening ear all in one.
You also need to be great at general communications and using spreadsheets.As most of your internal and external customers are based in the Netherlands, you also need to be excellent in the Dutch language and have a good understanding of the Dutch labor legislation.
- Partner with managers and employees in EMEA (with a focus on the Netherlands, Ireland and the UK) to recommend solutions, build out unique action plans and follow-through
- Responsible for full performance diagnostics, e.g. evaluate steps to arrive at PIP stage (legislative, manager, performance, behavior) and then own the administration and the execution
- Work on compliance projects, propose process improvements, recommendations, and implementation; may lead and conduct external research
- Manage local benefits contracts, administration, and update of benefits and perks offerings; look for optimizations and understand the usage, satisfaction and overall quality of the benefits we provide.
- Responsible for reviewing, updating and proposing new policies relevant for the region to stay competitive on the market and respond to business needs
- Apply the Works Council Act and together with the Legal Representative of the Company, lead the Works Council meetings
- In collaboration with the Talent Acquisition Partners, support the recruitment activities in the Region
- Holiday and leave admin EMEA
- Sickness admin EMEA
- Manage all type of employment relationships (employment and services contracts, part-time, full-time, probation periods, etc.) for the respective region
- Manage paperwork for all contractual changes by creating confirmation letters in EMEA for change in working hours, maternity coverage, parental leave, resignations, change in employment contracts, compensation changes outside of regular compensation cycle
- Manage the overall termination and leaver process & notice provisions in the respective countries and is aware of process in EMEA
- Assist with writing job profiles
- Oversee and manage the local pages for employees in the region on the company intranet
- Provide day to day HR support (HR EMEA email inbox)
- Responsible for all workday related tasks, business processes, questions from employees, etc.
- Works with the responsible admin for HR systems (Workday, Jobvite, Praise, etc.) to ensure local specifics and requirements are taken into consideration and implemented
On Employee's Experience:
- Propose, initiate and organize local and global internal events, parties, and CSR initiatives
- Works with global Centers of Expertise to ensure global programs are presented to local employees
- Manages employee onboarding and offboarding process for the assigned countries and for the rest of EMEA when needed
- You are fluent in Dutch and English language (reading, writing & speaking)
- You have extensive generalist HR experience, preferably in a complex, multinational organization
- You have knowledge of principles and practices in HR administration
- High customer orientation & results achievement with strong business acumen
- You enjoy building partnerships with managers, employees, and HR, consulting
- You strive for excellence in operations (management of process and programs, champions continuous improvement, drives results)
- You are able to align analysis and strategy
- A University degree in Human Resources/Business Administration or similar field
- You are an advanced MS Office user
- Previous recruitment experience is very much desirable
€1 - €10 per annum
Bachelor's degree, HR administration, work councils, complex multinational organisations