Do you have experience with immigration procedures and a customer service mindset? Are you eager to become part of a truly international organization and team? Our client, a worldwide organization offering relocation services around the globe is looking for an Immigration Specialist to join their team in Amsterdam. If it sounds like the next step in your career, read below for more information and apply!
The Immigration Specialist will contribute to continually add value to the organization's mobility services, through expert advice and knowledge in matters related to corporate immigration specific to the Netherlands. He/she will provide the main point of contact to immigration customers including the preparation and delivery of the full immigration process to achieve consistently high satisfaction ratings from corporate clients and assignees.
- Delivery of services for immigration related to the Netherlands;
- Ensure compliance - processes and local documentation is kept up to date and take corrective actions where required. Review all documents issued by government offices for accuracy and consistency with the application;
- Coordinate activities with primary HR and/or Global Mobility Managers, Service Partners (where applicable) and assignees to collect corporate and personal documents;
- Assist with required translation, legalization and apostille as needed;
- Independently conduct research on status of visa cases and prepare all applicable visa application documents and materials for a variety of visa types;
- Provide regular client reports summarising service performance and assignee satisfaction;
- Summarize immigration complaints, issues, and escalations for reporting to management;
- Ensure correct and complete utilisation of company's systems to provide oversight for management and to maximize productivity;
- Consult directly with the assignee and corporate client to ensure understanding of process and timelines. Where required attend meetings with relevant authorities, with or without the transferee/applicant including attendance at registration meetings with the employee;
- Ensure timely follow-up with client to answer any questions and also verbally explain process and express any potential delays or concerns;
- Create and maintain proper tracking records in computer system for all active travel document requests;
- Manage and sustain a high average case load, while maintaining high quality work;
- Assist with various "special projects" as and when needed;
- Provide internal business visa and work permit processing support as and when required;
- Attend local workshops and seminars to stay current with Dutch immigration regulations;
- Assist with other countries (I.e. Holiday coverage), as needed.
- Relevant degree and education;
- 4 - 5 years of experience, preferably in immigration;
- Fluency in Dutch and English;
- Experience working with relocation industry and with government agencies is preferred;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Advanced skills in MS Office;
- Ability to analyze the current immigration landscape and apply that to operational processes;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with a presence and confidence that builds credibility and trust;
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills with the ability to articulate complex legal issues;
- Time management skills, including consistent performance under deadlines;
- Detail oriented and well organized, having workload management skills;
- A self starter, able to work independently with limited supervision;
- Ability to work across borders and time zones effectively;
- A determined, caring and open-minded individual.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.
immigration, mobility services, customer service, relocation, government agencies