We are looking for an Industrial Cost Analyst who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). If you are passionate about the Space industry and would like to join an international environment, read more and apply today!
This position shall be responsible for general industrial costs analysis and auditing related activities in support of the ESA procurement process.
- Preparatory analysis and calculation of industrial hourly labour rates and overheads; unit rates (such as facility charges); and other overheads, on the basis of detailed reviews carried out on the company's costs structure and accounting tools;
- Preparatory analysis and review of direct expenditure on cost reimbursement contracts and/or co-funded contracts including compliance with ESA rules;
- Support on specific financial viability audit/tasks, on the basis of detailed reviews carried out on the company's financial data;
- Support on specific nationality audit/tasks in order to get/analyse the appropriate documents on the basis of established processes and criteria for nationality attribution;
- Support on specific audit/tasks related to the verification of geographical return data;
- Support on audits carried out in Direct Support to Programs, including a detailed analysis and review of industrial contractual documents;
- Coordination, processing and reporting of timely feedback to initiators making requests through the internal systems (e.g. PARI) on financial matters e.g. currency exchange, price variation formulae, productivity, inflation, hourly rates etc.;
- Support to the preparation / finalization of the auditors handbook;
- Support in the review, optimization and implementation of audit processes and procedures;
- Support with the creation of a database for the bench marking of hourly rates across all Member States;
- Support in the day-to-day audit activities, including preparing concise and accurate documentation (e.g. draft audit reports), analysis of data, collection of information, etc.;
- Support on other audit tasks / projects as requested to the Section;
- In the execution of these duties, the position incumbent will liaise directly with Cost Auditors and will also have contact with Executive/Senior Industry representatives, ESA and Industry Project Management teams, ESA contracts officers, ESA finance & cost engineer functions and auditors of other National Audit Authorities.
- Master's degree, or equivalent qualification in accountancy, audit, finance, economics, or related business studies.
- Minimum 4 years of progressive experience of audit in a large accountancy practice and /or relevant commercial audit experience.
- Reactiveness: Seeking opportunities to develop his/her own expertise, being proactive and results/metrics driven.
- Communication: Ability to express ideas verbally and in writing, in a clear, concise and professional manner using appropriate business and technical language.
- Problem solving: Demonstrating strong technical knowledge and having the ability to research issues and discuss conclusions.
- Planning and organization: Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
- Attractive remuneration package.
- Up to 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- Yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customised to individual client needs.
Up to £0.00 per annum