Are you a seasoned ICT professional with experience in 3rd line ICT and operational support and project management? An international EU organization is currently looking for an interim ICT Officer to join their team. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, read below for more information and let's get in touch!
The interim ICT Officer will provide 3rd line support to ICT technical services and maintain all ICT products related to physical or virtual network and computing infrastructure. He/she will be responsible for technical deliverables resulting from projects, upgrades, or maintenance activities and run daily operations of the ICT Technical Services.
3rd line ICT Support / Incident Management
- Carry out preventative maintenance on the deployed IT, internet, network and server Infrastructures;
- Execute remediation actions on incidents assigned to the Back Office in ICT Operations;
- Carry out preventative maintenance on the deployed ICT, internet, network and server infrastructures;
- Register and track incidents according to the defined procedures in the incident management Database;
- Contribute to the structuring, maintenance and development of the technical knowledge base supporting the IT Operations activities;
- Develop and maintain sufficient knowledge about the interdependencies of all infrastructure components deployed in the production environment in order to be effective at identifying and diagnosing incidents.
- Take the role of Domain, System or Database Administrator carrying out ICT Operations activities;
- Monitor proactively and continuously all layers of the deployed ICT network and server infrastructure;
- Maintain all layers of the deployed ICT Network and infrastructure;
- Execute planned maintenance operations during out of office hours;
- Test and implement new network servers, infrastructure and/or upgrades of existing services and hardware;
- Propose the design and management of the ICT architecture, systems and data centers on request of head of sector;
- Implement ICT Security Policies as aligned with the Security team that impact ICT operations.
- Develop procedures for recurring system administration activities and provide and update installation, technical support and maintenance documentation as required;
- Propose changes to existing or new policies or procedures;
- Assist in process of ordering IT Network or Infrastructure equipment and consultancy required for ICT operations work.
- As technical lead participate in all projects impacting ICT Operations in line with the unit plan, also related to non-ICT issues where impact on processes impact ICT Operations;
- Propose the technical design and validation of requirements, deliver and technical implementation of projects for the Sector or Unit;
- Be the technical lead / project manager for the implementation of internal projects based on the complexity and impact to the organization.
- Experience and knowledge in the areas mentioned above under "main responsibilities";
- Knowledge of Prince 2;
- Knowledge of Incident management database registrations;
- Knowledge of Infrastructure/Network Support/DBA/Systems or Domain administration;
- Expertise in MS Office;
- ITIL and specific technical skills such as:
- Case Management System;
- Collaboration Solutions (IP telephony, Video Conferencing);
- Database Administration (Microsoft SQL);
- Directory Services (LDAP, Active Directory);
- Messaging (Microsoft Exchange);
- Network Administration;
- SharePoint Administration;
- Storage Administration;
- Load Balancing;
- Virtualization and Private Cloud Computing;
- Windows Server Administration;
- Trouble shooting and supplier management skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English language;
- Additional asset will be experience working within a multicultural/EU environment.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.
3rd line support ICT, operational support, Incident Management, Prince 2, ITIL, Infrastructure, Network Support, DBA, Systems, Domain administration