The position is responsible for the successful analysis of, negotiation of, and approval of the special price requests, RFQ's and pricing proposals for the assigned regions/product lines. As a product pricing analyst, you will be part of price setting negotiations and will be working closely with Product Management, Operations and the Commercial teams and will be driving both volume and margin improvements across our global business.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Responsible for the price management of a number of product lines concerning standard book prices as well as client specific special offers, in cooperation with the Product Management and sales department.
- Handling special price requests according to the rules and regulations set (internal/external).
- Improve price request response time and reduce responsiveness variation.
- Improve win rate and deal profitability via willingness to pay analysis, win rate elasticity and competitive variance analysis to present competitive pricing on special price requests and proposals.
- Build creative price and margin improvement scenarios in line with the overall value-based pricing strategy.
- Use Pricing Software Systems to perform customers' profitability, price realization, and profit waterfall analysis.
Ability to use and incorporate these analytics into pricing decisions.
- Work cross functions to drive through execution of ideas and improvement initiatives.
- Apply and support the creation of processes and procedures where appropriate.
- Interact regularly with Sales, Product Management, Channel partners and Customer Care.
- Bachelor or Master degree in preferably a commercial, financial or technical direction or relevant professional experience.
- Sound skills in MS Office packages Word and PowerPoint; Strong MS Excel and/or Access skills
- Experience in working with SAP (SD module)/Advanced Pricing Software is a plus.
- English language skill is a must, fluency in German is prefered.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office is required
- Strong analytical skills, preferably also in statistics.
- Excellent relationship and communication skills.
- Ability to perform in an operational environment with clear deadlines and challenging targets with a high level of flexibility and execute on priorities, result driven.
- Dynamic and high energy, able to multi-task and perform under pressure.