The position is responsible for managing assigned product lines globally by determining opportunities/risks from (big) data and setting up the overall pricing strategies/effectiveness of pricing approach. As portfolio analyst, you will be working closely with Product Management, PLP Leaders and the Operational teams and will be driving both volume and margin improvements across our global business.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Responsible for the price management/creation of a number of product lines concerning standard book prices as well as client specific special offers, in cooperation with the Product
- Management/PLP. This includes Product Price Cost Alignment where the book prices are set up in relation to specific product values/pricing logic.
- Improve win rate and deal profitability via willingness to pay analysis, win rate elasticity and competitive variance analysis to give pricing guidance for special price requests and other pricing proposals.
- Build creative price and margin improvement scenarios in line with the overall value-based pricing strategy for standard book prices and specific deals/projects.
- Setting long term product objectives with Product Management based on Go To Market plan.
- Responsible for Global Product Line Health (objectives vs effectiveness).
- Use Pricing Software Systems to perform data analytic on customers' profitability, price realization, and profit waterfall analysis. Ability to use and incorporate these analytics into pricing decisions and negotiation.
- Work cross functions to drive through execution of ideas and improvement initiatives.
- Apply and support the creation of processes and procedures where appropriate.
- Bachelor or Master degree in preferably a commercial, financial or technical direction with relevant professional experience.
- Sound skills in MS Office packages Word and PowerPoint; strong/advanced skills in MS Excel and/or Access.
- Experience in working with SAP (SD module)/Advanced Pricing Software is a definite plus.
- English language skill is a must.
- Strong analytical skills, preferably including statistics (Minitab is a plus).
- Excellent relationship and communication skills.
- Sounds skills in negotiation and presentation. Able to create & present business case with the relevant supporting data analytic.
- Ability to perform in an operational environment with clear deadlines and challenging targets with a high level of flexibility and execute on priorities, result driven.
- Dynamic and high energy, able to multi-task and perform under pressure.