Our international client with their European office in the Leiden area is looking for a self-motivated candidate to join their driven international team. Attributes we are looking for in potential candidates are adaptability, self drive and excellent communication and commercial skills.
This position is responsible for managing programs that help companies involved in the manufacture or distribution of temperature sensitive food products to monitor and continuously improve their cold chains. This involves data analysis, information visualization, process improvement, project management and report writing. This position involves working with a cross functional team that includes sales account managers, data analysts, project managers, industrial engineers, food scientists and field technicians. It also involves working with customers - most commonly QA or operations managers at large food retailers.
- Manage databases, analyze data and create reports.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations for corrective actions in the customer's cold chain.
- Provide cold chain management expertise to customers.
- Facilitate the flow of information amongst members of a cross functional team.
- Continuously improve skills and expertise in 3 key areas: handling of perishable food items, process improvement and cold chain management/refrigeration.
- Present at customer and industry events.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Fluent English & French skills, written and verbal are required. Fluency in another language desired (Italian, Spanish, Dutch).
- Experience in the food supply chain and working experience with Sales strongly preferred but not required.
- Experience in cold chain management, transportation, refrigeration or food distribution is strongly desired, but not required.
- Positive attitude able to combine technical knowledge, commercial knowledge and analysis into action.
- Strong interpersonal skills and service orientation. Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Flexible work attitude and a team player.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical and communication skills required.
- Willing to travel: up to 25% travel, typically 1-3 days in length.
€1 - €11 per annum + pension
supply chain & logistics, food industry, cold chain, data analysis, consultancy and reporting, French