We are looking for an Assistant Programme/Project Controller who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). If you are passionate about the Space industry and would like to join an international environment, read more and apply today!
The contractor is expected to be or become familiar with the Agency's rules and regulation for tender actions, placing of contracts and the related monitoring, control and reporting on industrial contracts and ESA internal expenditures.
The contractor will be required to interface with colleagues in CIP-C especially for the BIC (Business Incubation Centres), TTP (Technology Transfer Programme) and downstream gateway projects as well as with D/TEC, the Finance and Procurement Departments. The Project Control contractor will report to the Project Controller in charge for CIP projects and report to the Heads of the Sections in CIP-C.
- Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of projects / programmes activities in terms of schedule, related procurement actions, costs including preparation of CaC as relevant, manpower including support, etc.
- In the field of resources (i.e. financial and manpower) for programme/project(s):
- Assisting in the preparation of long-term, medium term and in-year resource plans.
- Monitoring and controlling the implementation of the plans;
- Reviewing / checking of ESA internal expenditures such as re-charges, support services and purchases for consistency with Cost-at- Completion (CAC) of industrial contracts;
- Checking commitments for consistency with budgets and ESA's procedures.
- In the field of procurements and execution of contracts:
- Support to the preparation and follow-up of the Agency's tender actions;
- Support to the proposal evaluations and to the preparation of the financial contract commitment and the data entry of the milestone payment plans;
- Following-up of the progress of the procurement actions and contracts, and keeping track of status and maintaining the current actual and forecasting;
- Monitoring and controlling of timely implementation of actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including monitoring of financial commitments, payment milestones and invoicing;
- Supporting industrial invoicing process and payment verification and control.
- In the field of programme industrial return:
- Initiation and coordination of the periodic updating of relevant Industrial Return data base to reflect the current commitments status and the industrial policy forecast for planned activities.
- Verification of coherence of proposed procurement actions with the planned industrial return policy targets of the programme/project, including the compensation measures.
- Support to programme/project level risk management.
- Maintaining up to date the related data, performing data analysis, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and production of associated reports to the responsible management and to the concerned customers when relevant.
- Operation of the associated management information tools and system databases.
- Support to the responsible entity in the definition of new and improvement of existing processes and tools and production of related documents.
- Support the execution of the directorate's Risk Management process.
- Masters in Engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, with relevant experience;
- Several years of experience of project or financial control;
- Knowledge of ESA administrative and financial processes is an advantage;
- Highly proficient in planning and project control tools, office automation software and databases, such as MS office (including Excel) and SAP;
- Good knowledge of Tableau is considered an asset;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and attention to details;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule;
- Fluent in the English language (spoken and written).
- Attractive remuneration package.
- Up to 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- Yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.