Octagon Professionals is constantly looking for the top talent available, who have a passion for space and/or space technology and is interested to join Octagon for projects at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk, The Netherlands (ESTEC).
ESTEC is a driven and technically strong organization, which seeks further additions to their teams in highly qualified, experienced professionals with an innovative mind, who can think independently, act safely and have the courage to challenge the limits and deliver the greatest value.
If you have over 4 years of relevant experience and think you have what it takes to join the technical center/'heart' of European space activities, let us know!
Please contact us for further information on +31 (0) 70 3249 300 and/or send your application/CV to #removed#. All enquiries and applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of projects / programmes activities in terms of schedule, related procurement actions, costs including preparation of CaC as relevant, manpower including support, etc. including:
- Assisting in preparing, developing and maintaining programme level plans.
- Assisting in the definition and in maintaining related work/procurement plans and related execution and contract actions plans using local tools as applicable.
- Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as appropriate, and preparation of related reports and provision of management information as required.
- Evaluating the results and main achievements of the programme, elaborating related KPIs, and preparing periodic overview publications.
In the field of resources (i.e. financial and manpower) for programme/project(s):
- Assisting in the preparation of long-term, medium term and in-year resource plans.
- Monitoring and controlling the implementation of the plans in line with resource targets, performing forecasting, identifying deviations and related recovery actions, producing related reports.
- Reviewing / checking of ESA internal expenditures such as re-charges, support services and purchases for consistency with Cost-at- Completion (CAC) of industrial contracts.
- Checking commitments for consistency with budgets and ESA's procedures and consumption of commitment ceiling and initiating related budgetary transfers as required.
In the field of procurements and execution of contracts:
- Support to the preparation and follow-up of the Agency's tender actions.
- Support to the proposal evaluations as expert for the price and schedule verification and analysis.
- Support to the preparation of the financial contract commitment and the data entry of the milestone payment plans in the Agency's system(s).
- Contributing to the elaboration, consolidation of related procurement workplans and detailed implementation plans (e.g. Contract Action Plan baseline) and related commitment consumption, cost and disbursement profiles.
- Ensuring that above plans are properly inserted in the appropriate management tools.
- Following-up of the progress of the procurement actions and contracts, and keeping track of status and maintaining the current actual and forecasting in the appropriate ESA tools.
- Creating related objects in ESA-p, maintaining corresponding information in local applications as required and ensuring the correctness and coherence of related information.
- Monitoring and controlling of timely implementation of actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including monitoring of financial commitments, payment milestones and invoicing.
- Supporting industrial invoicing process and payment verification and control.
- A University degree in engineering or business administration and numerous years of relevant experience, preferably in aerospace industry.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Good sense of contacts and communications, ability to interface at appropriate level with relevant actors within and outside of the department.
- Reliability, rigor and initiative in the execution of the assigned work.
- Proactive attitude to solving problems, identify priority actions and to handle high workload.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and stringent schedule.
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel).
- Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules is an asset.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.