Are you a sales professional with hands-on experience in sales to the public sector? Do you want to continue your career in a multinational organization committed to innovation, competency, learning and constant development of its people? Our client, one of the leading in the defence related industry in Europe, is opening an office in Amsterdam and is looking for a result-driven and dedicated Regional Sales Manager to carry out all sales activities and identify new opportunities to ensure the further growth of the company. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, please continue reading.
- To plan and carry out all sales activities in the assigned territories;
- To identify new opportunities, maximize sales in the given market;
- To meet and dominate market trends by monitoring the current and future needs of end users;
- Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and managing quality of product and service delivery;
- Supporting the activities of Agents and creating a synchronized team that will close the sales cycle and increase sales;
- Building the image of the Company and long-term control in the market by assessing real value of the opportunities, understanding which opportunities to approach in order to establish the company products as the standard products within a given market.
- Following through the entire process from start to finish, i.e. conducting Customer Service, Sales and Management and establishing sales objectives by creating a sales strategy plan, supporting of national objectives;
- Achieving all HR objectives for the region, including: Recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees in their assigned territory; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures;
- Achieving regional sales operations objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining regional sales system improvements; implementing change;
- Meeting regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements and providing intelligence and feedback on competition activity and products; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions;
- Initiating, supporting and monitoring customers' price inquiries and tenders;
- Monitoring entire chain of supply - from quotations to final product delivery;
- Managing complex sales cycles and multiple engagements simultaneously;
- Maintaining sales pipeline and participate in monthly business reviews;
- Generating and qualifying leads and identifying new customer opportunities;
- Conducting market research and surveys;
- Participating in sales events;
- Monitoring competitors, market conditions and product development;
- Delivering report on tender results and evaluation;
- Recommending product lines by identifying new product opportunities;
- Providing feedback to Technical Expert / Soldier System Manager on required features and capabilities;
- Developing and maintaining sales and promotional materials; planning and conducting direct marketing activities;
- Accomplishing sales and organization mission by achieving related results as required;
- Developing customised Marketing plan for assigned territories with Marketing Manager, in accordance with corporate strategy;
- Solving problems related to bid submission, planning, production, delivery and acceptance.
- Fluent in English and at least one other European language;
- Experience in tender submission;
- Previous experience in commercial management role/Sales manager role, preferably in the defence industry;
- Willing to travel;
- Work in a structured and precise manner.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.
defence, english, sales manager, regional sales, sales, BD, business development, combat clothing