Are you a sales professional looking for a new and exciting role? Our client, one of the largest trading companies in Japan, is looking for a Sales Trader for the Metal Recycling and Primary Metals department in their Amsterdam office.
You will be responsible for trading non-ferrous metal recycling in the global market. Together with the Metal Recycling and Primary Metals department, you will make a valuable contribution to building and improving the sales business between existing customers and new customers worldwide. Sounds interesting? Then read on below and apply!
* Trading non-ferrous metal recycling and its primary metal in the world market;
* Supporting customers from purchase to sale in all aspects of the business, i.e. marketing, visits, quality control, pricing, negotiating purchase and sale, managing documentation, payments and profit calculation;
* Servicing existing customers and developing new customers in different countries;
* Establishing new items, business models and new business streams;
* Resolve customer complaints by investigating issues, developing solutions and making recommendations;
* Contribute to team efforts by achieving appropriate results as needed;
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in training activities, such as short-term internships at Japanese headquarters or other offices around the world;
* Report to management by submitting daily activities and own analytical considerations.
* At least 3 years of professional experience (preferably in a Japanese company);
* Experience in sales/trade is an advantage;
* Fluent in English and one other language such as Dutch, Japanese, German, French, Italian, Spanish, or Russian;
* Working visa/residence permit in the EU;
* Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point);
* Willingness and availability to travel;
* Open-mindedness and customer-oriented thinking;
* Strong communication and negotiation skills, sense of responsibility and motivation;
* Skills in quality control, translation and presentation.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.