Are you an administrative professional?
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training.
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests.
- Analyzing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation.
- Provision of various logistic support to the Unit.
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel.
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit.
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail.
- Organization of agenda and of meetings.
- Maintaining documents libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users.
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taking minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit.
- Participation to organisation of events.
- Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material.
- ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating and distribution of the site telephone list.
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading.
- Data collection, extraction from various Corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
- Documentation management related support to project reviews.
- Managing documentation system (e.g. Eclipse), registration /distribution/ exchange / archiving of documents.
- Support to launch campaign preparations.
- Being prepared to travel and co-locate for extended periods (several weeks) at the launch site.
- Secretarial and administrative support at the launch site during extended hours and during weekends.
- In addition to the support to visitor service as described in the Statement of Work (Annex A) also the collection and escort of visitors from ESTEC Security Gate to location.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Easy contact with personnel and well-balanced autonomy in the execution of the requested tasks.
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools, in particular, Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes).
- Ability to communicate with industry counterparts in the execution of project-specific tasks.
- Capacity to identify priority actions and handle a high workload.
- Familiarity with the ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international markets. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.