Are you an experienced professional in the field of health promotion? Do you have experience managing projects in the public healthcare domain? If so, then read on!
Our client, an international non-profit organization for healthcare, is currently looking for a Testing and Operations Coordinator to join their team in Amsterdam. Would you like to join this international and purpose-driven team? Apply today and let us know that you are interested!
- Plan Prevention, RTP and related Advocacy
- Jointly develop with the EB team prevention and testing program long-term goals and objectives to achieve successful outcome;
- In coordination with the EB Team, develops a culturally sensitive and linguistically appropriate counselling training program;
- Coordinates training and refresher courses for Company staff, staff of cooperating organisations and volunteers for HIV testing, counselling and linkage to care according to organization's Checkpoint training manual;
- Develops plans for expanding testers and volunteer networks through trainings, social events, etc.;
- Plans the delivery of the programs in coordination with Testing and Prevention Manager, European Bureau in accordance with the EB Strategy and the mission of the organization;
- Develops new programs and partnerships with other organizations in the Netherlands to support the Prevention and Testing Strategy in coordination with European Bureau Deputy Chief and Testing and Prevention Manager, European Bureau;
- Participates in development of budgets and operating plans to support the program;
- Contributes to the development and implementation of advocacy activities;
- Represents the organization at different fora.
- Organise the program
- Ensure that testing activities in the Netherlands, including those in the Checkpoint(s) and provided by partner organizations, are compliant with company policies and procedures;
- Maintains up to date knowledge on HIV and testing protocols;
- Oversee the data collection and maintenance of records on the prevention and RT programs for evaluating purposes according to the Organization's requirements;
- Submit monthly RTP and MIR reports to Prevention and Testing Manager, European Bureau, review them and make sure the numbers are accurate. Facilitate receiving pending reports from partners;
- Provide monitoring and technical support for HIV tests and medicines procurement, if necessary
- Appraising performance of RT personnel, staff of cooperating organizations and volunteers in the Netherlands; making proposals for appraisals; addressing complaints and resolving problems; building skills capacity of the present and future team members;
- Connects with cooperating organisations, third parties that operate places or organize events that are suitable for performing of outreach testing events and coordinates Organization's testing activities in the places or the events;
- Lead the program
- Liaise with Testing and Prevention Manager to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery;
- Coordinates and schedules expansion of HIV Rapid Test sites in the Netherlands;
- Participates in advocacy initiatives and campaigns;
- Participates and leads the testing events in the Netherlands;
- Promotes volunteer retention by conducting meetings, relationship building and volunteer appreciation activities for the RT Programs.
- Control the program
- Supervise the Netherlands RT staff, staff of cooperating organizations, and volunteers by providing training, direction, input and feedback, in coordination with the Prevention and Testing Manager, European Bureau
- Provides input to Bureau Executive, European Bureau Quarterly and Annual Reports;
- Ensures that the program operates within the approved budget;
- Manage all funds according to established accounting policies and procedures;
- Organise procurement of the test systems, related supplies and other orders necessary to maintain RTP operations, including negotiations with the vendors, collection of partners' needs, overseeing quality/ cost effectiveness of the procurement, etc.;
- Identifies and evaluates the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks;
- Monitor the RTP performance on a regular basis and conduct a quarterly evaluation according to the set targets, in compliance with the Partners contracts and based on the Key Performance Indicators;
- Report evaluation findings to the Testing and Prevention Manager, European Bureau and recommends changes to enhance the program, as appropriate;
- HIV Testing and counselling
- Conducts rapid HIV testing and HIV pre and post-test counselling, both onsite and offsite;
- Conducts linkage to care in accordance with company standards;
- Fulfil other duties relevant to TO Coordinator position as required.
- Degree or Diploma in Health or Public Health-related field;
- HIV or infections diseases knowledge and project management experience essential;
- Report writing, preparation of documents, and proposal writing skills required, including understanding basic research concepts;
- Knowledge of the local health care legal and practice framework;
- Knowledge of the organizations and services working for migrants, refugees and LGBTI community in the Netherlands.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English in a variety of settings such as staff meetings, discussions with partners, and training workshops; An intermediate level of Dutch is beneficial.
- Strong Computer/ Software Skills; Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software;
- Ability to plan, execute social media campaigns and ongoing social media management;
- Strong basic mathematical and analytical skills;
- Strong reasoning ability to make decisions and solve problems in complex situations.
Program coordinator, rapid test, HIV, AIDS, Project Management