Our international client, a market leader is their field, are seeking a Shipping/Warehouse Supervisor to join their team located in Amsterdam. As integral part of the Management Team, the candidate must have the ability to manage a team operating in the warehouse and is responsible for sourcing, training and motivating his/her team. Previous experience with third party logistics and custom clearance procedures is required.
- Hiring and training of all new employees in both the Warehouse and Shipping departments.
- Establishing minimum performance standards for each individual employee, evaluating employees' performance against those standards, and providing feedback to promote individual;
- Motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork to ensure set productivity targets are met;
- Assessing capacity relative to demand in mid to long term so that service levels are maintained at highest level;
- Managing day-to-day planning for warehouse and shipping activities according to Operations business plan;
- Ensuring smooth flow of parts to assembly operation, to packing and shipping of finished product;
- Overseeing traffic function, including movement of parts between US and NL, as well as to customers in Europe and Asia;
- Managing costs including the control of labor utilization - preventing excess hours, downtime and overtime;
- Continuously improving the performance and activities of the Support group through the use of KPI's, and focus on productivity;
- Measuring and reporting the results of the department activities, including inventory accuracy, on-time shipments, and freight costs.
- Previous supervisory experience in Warehousing/Logistics/Shipping environment;
- Strong leadership with excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Able to work well with others in a team-oriented;
- Must possess a strong attention to detail;
- Experience conducting performance reviews;
- Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and under the pressure of deadline;
- Must be willing and able to perform a variety of tasks in support of the short- and long-term goals of the company;
- Previous experience using third party logistic companies;
- Knowledge of customs import and export, using C of O, tariffs, licensing, audits;
- Competent in using Inco terms for sea, air and land shipments;
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS systems would be an advantage;
- Willing to travel.
Up to €1 per annum