If you are a personable, positive and committed professional who can add value to the reputation of our successful Junior School, this leadership position could be a perfect match for you. You'll lead a dynamic and skilled team of staff to maintain the excellent quality of the building and grounds of this architecturally renowned campus whilst also contributing to its development. The concierge team is known for its friendly, proactive and energised approach to customer service and facility management.
€2,766.00 to €3,240.00 /month gross/bruto
As one of Europe’s leading British international schools, the BSN is a vibrant, diverse and well-established yet innovative employer. We have 4 school campuses in and around The Hague and an Adult Learning Centre where our Language Centre, International Leadership Academy (ILA) and Central Services teams are based. Careers at BSN are challenging, rewarding and there’s a real opportunity to make a difference. You’ll teach motivated students within a thriving community of more than 80 different nationalities (students and staff). We offer competitive salaries, attractive benefits and we recognise that our staff deserve excellent professional development opportunities and support.
You are an enthusiastic and approachable colleague with a flexible ‘can do’ attitude to work. As a strong communicator, you have the ability to build and maintain good working relationships. In addition, these skills will be important:
• Physical energy to carry out daily functions which require lifting, manual dexterity, and walking with ease around a two-story building
• Communication and influencing skills, in person and in writing (in Dutch and English)
• Analytical and problem-solving skills, decision-making and ability to lead and manage teams and projects
• Organisation, time management, prioritising and the ability to handle a complex varied workload
• A good knowledge of IT packages
JSV was opened in 1997. This award-winning building provides a range of excellent resources, including notably extensive outside play and environmental areas. The Concierge Team Leader will manage the external maintenance vendors, lead maintenance projects and attend to health and safety aspects of the campus. You will also contribute to the ongoing development of the campus and initiate improvements under the direction of the Headteacher and Operations Manager. Other key tasks include:
• Carry out maintenance and repairs (electrical, building and plumbing) as required and ensure that larger maintenance issues are reported and dealt with
• Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of the campus including staffrooms and toilets
• Manage budgets and ensure cost-effectiveness
• Ensure the facilitates meet local and British school inspection regulations and environmental, health and security standards
• Maintain healthy relationships with neighbouring businesses, Gemeente representatives and agencies